In 1974, Meadville Plating developed ARMTEC, a proprietary thin dense nodular chrome plating process. Since that time, ARMTEC thin dense chrome has been used and specified by some of the largest companies in the country. The many benefits of ARMTEC have proven invaluable in thousands of applications. Meadville Plating has over 30 years experience specializing in tool and die, machine and injection mold related plating. This experience, coupled with our proprietary plating bath chemistry and state-of-the-art rectification technology allows us to provide a finished product that we believe is superior to our competition. With ARMTEC, no additional machining is required and the part remains in tolerance. ARMTEC is compatible with most ferrous and non-ferrous metals, allowing great flexibility in choosing the base material.
- Deposit Thickness: Normal deposit is .00005″ per surface. ARMTEC will not affect a buildup of more than .0001″ under normal circumstances. If required additional ARMTEC can be applied.
- Lubricity: ARMTEC produces a super hard, 72 Rc (1100 Vickers) microscopic nodular surface that reduces surface contact area, thereby decreasing the coefficient of friction and enhancing the benefits of lubricants. Add to this, the natural lubricity of chromium, and you have an outstanding coating for reducing wear and friction, preventing galling and seizing, and improving mold release.
- Corrosion Protection: ARMTEC has an extremely dense structure. This density provides excellent corrosion resistance.
- Adhesion: ARMTEC thin dense chrome is applied electrolytically, resulting in a bond superior to platings or coatings applied without the use of electricity (i.e. electroless nickel, etc.). ARMTEC will not crack, peel, flake, chip or separate from the base metal in any way. It can be stripped if the need arises.
- Heat Resistance: -400 to 1300 Fahrenheit. Above 1300 Fahrenheit it will react with carbon monoxide, sulfur vapor and phosphorus. Hardness and wear resistance will be reduced, to a small degree, above 700 Fahrenheit.
- Appearance: ARMTEC thin dense chrome has a satin finish appearance. This finish is very repeatable, allowing for different base metals to be plated and used in the same assembly while providing an attractive uniformed finish.
- Standards: Conforms with ASTM-B177, AMS-2438a (10/98), ASM-2406, Mill Spec. QQ-C-320B Class 2 Type 2, USDA/FDA compliant for use on food processing equipment and pharmaceutical applications.
- Molds: cavities, cores, gates, laminates, core pins, sleeves, ejector pins, stripper rings, slides, etc.
- Tools: taps, mills, fixtures, etc.
- Dies: forming, draw, blanking, extrusion, trim, punching, roll thread, progressive, etc.
- Machine Parts: automated insertion equipment tooling, high-speed moving components.
- Quality: Over 30 years experience with high tolerance components – In-house QC & Chemistry staff.
- Delivery: Normally 3 days or less in-house (usually less) – Same day service available.
- Price: Very competitive – Allow us the opportunity to provide you with a quote for your job.