Hard chrome plating is one of the most reliable and widely used finishing processes, especially when durability and abrasion resistance is required. It can cover a variety of different materials, including stainless steel, copper, brass, and some plastics.
Hard chrome plating is useful when applied to molds, dies, tools, and other components because it reduces wear and damage from corrosion. It is ideal for products exposed to caustic elements, and it can handle the heat, and even the cold, withstanding temperatures from -400 to 1300 degrees Fahrenheit. Also, hard chrome reduces friction and increases conductivity.
Common hard chrome plating uses include:
- Machine tools to extend the life of the tool and reduce maintenance downtime and expenses
- Gears and plastic molds to provide anti-stick and release capabilities
- Press punches and tooling
- Shafts, pins or other high wear components
- Automotive and mechanical components
Hard chrome is exceptionally durable and designed to last a long time. For improved wear and corrosion resistance, hard chrome plating is the way to go.
Have a hard chrome plating question or would like a quote on a project? Email us and we’ll be happy to provide you with answers.